- Surpassing what is common or usual; exceptional
- Distinct among others of a kind
- Peculiar to a specific person or thing
- Having a specific function or application: a special role
- Regarded with particular affection and admiration: a special friend.
- distinguished by some unusual quality
- held in particular esteem
- readily distinguishable from others of the same category: unique
- being other than the usual
- designed for a particular purpose or occasion
Special brings together 15 critically acclaimed artists, all using very different materials and techniques. This exhibition has been conceived as a way of exploring what makes an object “special”. Each maker has created 3 unique pieces specifically for this Lesley Craze Gallery exhibition.
The range and ambition of the work is wide; from the playful leather work of Tania Clarke Hall to the sleek titanium forms of Joel Degen. Kaz Robertson creates resin work of vibrant colour while Sonia Cheadle explores stone setting and precision with precious metals and diamonds.
Tania Clarke Hall
Min Ji Cho yet to confirm*
Running: 8th May – 30th May 2013
Private View Saturday 11th May 6-8pm